We are a group of national organizations collaborating to develop tools, resources, and networking opportunities for state HPV coalitions. We highly encourage cross-sector collaboration, especially between immunization and comprehensive cancer efforts. Through this task group, we seek to:
- Foster coalition building and use of coalition tools
- Provide networking opportunities for states to learn from one another
- Provide access to national HPV vaccination experts
- Provide a forum for best-practices to rise from the state level to the national Roundtable and flow from the national Roundtable to the states
- Provide a space for national partners to coordinate state-level efforts
- Provide guidance on evaluation of state-based efforts
Chair: Bethany Kintigh, RN
Staff Liaison: Jennifer Nkonga
Task Group Library
- Meeting Summaries
- Project Work
- Call Slides [/userpro_private]
August 2019 Update:
The task group is currently working on several projects:
- Online Forum for Southeastern States: We have launched an online space for HPV coalition leaders in southeastern states to connect, share info and resources, and exchange best practices. Leaders interested in joining should contact us.
- Southeastern U.S. HPV Coalitions Meeting Support: After hosting a summit in March 2019 for 7 southeastern states, we have provided supporting resources to convene, communicate with, and catalyze their home states. Events are being held in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
- 2020 Regional Summit for HPV Coalition Leaders: We have received funding to support our third regional summit in the northwestern U.S. in summer of 2020. Stay tuned!
Task Group Products
State Coalitions Activities–Data Map
Released in May 2019, our data map visualizes survey feedback from all states that completed our late 2018 national survey of state HPV coalitions. This is helpful data to find out what’s happening in other states. This page also includes links to other helpful resources, including a national map of HPV initiatives and our online coalition guide.
Online Guide for State & Local Coalitions
Recommended as a valuable resource by the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, our online guide for state and local HPV vaccination coalitions curates go-to resources to inform collaborative efforts. We continue to add to and grow the guide to meet the needs expressed by coalition leaders. This handout was created to share and promote the guide at coalition meetings or events.
Multistate Coalition Listening Session Report–May 2017
In May 2017, the task group organized a series of events around the Iowa HPV & Cancer Conference in Des Moines, Iowa. Coalition leaders from six midwestern states were invited to attend a multistate listening session to share their successes and challenges with task group members in a facilitated dialog.
Link to Session Report
State HPV Coalition Profiles
One page overview sheets of the six states attending the 2017 multistate listening session.
Illinois: Link to Illinois Profile
Iowa: Link to Iowa Profile
Kansas: Link to Kansas Profile
Missouri: Link to Missouri Profile
Nebraska: Link to Nebraska Profile
South Dakota: Link to South Dakota Profile
Iowa HPV Working Group Listening Session Report–May 2017
The Iowa Cancer Consortium’s HPV working group met with the task group to share their experience as a coalition and lessons learned.
Link to Session Report
Case Study: Rhode Island HPV School Mandate (work commissioned by the Communications Task Group)
In Aug 2015, Rhode Island implemented an HPV vaccine requirement for middle school children. This case study reviews the process by which the Rhode Island Department of Health implemented the mandate as well as the documented success of the regulation and the backlash it faced within the state.
View Rhode Island HPV School Mandate Case Study
Case Study: Michigan State Health Department Increase Rate Awareness (work commissioned by Communications Task Group)
Learn how the Michigan State Health Department used rate awareness as a tool to increase their national ranking within the National Immunization Survey for vaccination coverage.
View Michigan State Case Study
Case Study: Texas Vaccines for Children (work commissioned by Communications Task Group)
Learn how the Texas Immunization Program customized adolescent vaccine ordering profiles for Texas Vaccines for Children clinics as a way to increase HPV vaccination rates.
View Texas Vaccines for Children Case Study
National HPV Vaccination Roundtable Pharmacy-located HPV Vaccination Pilot Project: Final Reports
Created by the Pharmacy Task Group (no longer existing), these reports summarize commissioned pilot projects on pharmacy-located HPV vaccination in Michigan, Iowa, Kentucky, and Oregon.
Final Report for MI
Final Report for IA, KY, OR