Hello! We are a group of national organizations collaborating to develop tools, resources, and networking opportunities for state HPV coalitions. We highly encourage cross-sector collaboration, especially between immunization and comprehensive cancer efforts. Through this task group, we seek to:
- Foster coalition building and use of coalition tools
- Provide networking opportunities for states to learn from one another
- Provide access to national HPV vaccination experts
- Provide a forum for best-practices to rise from the state level to the national Roundtable and flow from the national Roundtable to the states
- Provide a space for national partners to coordinate state-level efforts
- Provide guidance on evaluation of state-based efforts
Chair: Bethany Kintigh, RN
Staff Liaison: Jennifer Nkonga
Task Group Library
September 2018 Update:
The task group is currently working on several projects:
- State HPV Coalition Survey: This fall, we plan to reach out to coalition leaders to inquire about current priorities, and how the HPV Roundtable may be of further support to this work. We understand that the work varies state to state, so all the better reason to touch base to hear the latest and greatest.
- Online collaboration: We’ll be exploring how we can help state and local coalitions connect virtually with each other to share promising practices and exchange information.
- Southeastern U.S. HPV Coalition Leadership Summit: We will bring together willing coalition leaders from selected southeastern states in early 2019 to learn, network, and connect with national thought leaders. We want to help build momentum and support regional efforts.
Task Group Products
Online Guide for State & Local Coalitions
Recommended as a valuable resource by the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, our online guide for state and local HPV vaccination coalitions curates go-to resources to inform collaborative efforts. We continue to add to and grow the guide to meet the needs expressed by coalition leaders. This handout was created to share and promote the guide at coalition meetings or events.
Multistate Coalition Listening Session Report–May 2017
In May 2017, the task group organized a series of events around the Iowa HPV & Cancer Conference in Des Moines, Iowa. Coalition leaders from six midwestern states were invited to attend a multistate listening session to share their successes and challenges with task group members in a facilitated dialog.
Link to Session Report
State HPV Coalition Profiles
One page overview sheets of the six states attending the 2017 multistate listening session.
Illinois: Link to Illinois Profile
Iowa: Link to Iowa Profile
Kansas: Link to Kansas Profile
Missouri: Link to Missouri Profile
Nebraska: Link to Nebraska Profile
South Dakota: Link to South Dakota Profile
Iowa HPV Working Group Listening Session Report–May 2017
The Iowa Cancer Consortium’s HPV working group met with the task group to share their experience as a coalition and lessons learned.
Link to Session Report
Case Study: Rhode Island HPV School Mandate (work commissioned by the Communications Task Group)
In Aug 2015, Rhode Island implemented an HPV vaccine requirement for middle school children. This case study reviews the process by which the Rhode Island Department of Health implemented the mandate as well as the documented success of the regulation and the backlash it faced within the state.
View Rhode Island HPV School Mandate Case Study
Case Study: Michigan State Health Department Increase Rate Awareness (work commissioned by Communications Task Group)
Learn how the Michigan State Health Department used rate awareness as a tool to increase their national ranking within the National Immunization Survey for vaccination coverage.
View Michigan State Case Study
Case Study: Texas Vaccines for Children (work commissioned by Communications Task Group)
Learn how the Texas Immunization Program customized adolescent vaccine ordering profiles for Texas Vaccines for Children clinics as a way to increase HPV vaccination rates.
View Texas Vaccines for Children Case Study
National HPV Vaccination Roundtable Pharmacy-located HPV Vaccination Pilot Project: Final Reports
Created by the Pharmacy Task Group (no longer existing), these reports summarize commissioned pilot projects on pharmacy-located HPV vaccination in Michigan, Iowa, Kentucky, and Oregon.
Final Report for MI
Final Report for IA, KY, OR